Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Kiss You Up"


It is definitely an adventure living with an almost 2 yr old girl. Being the youngest of 5, having these little nieces and nephews around has been the best Mommy 101 class I could ever take. I've learned the art of diaper changing, opening the door while simultaneously pushing the stroller through, catching the bowl before it gets thrown on the floor, playing peek-a-boo, making houses out of sheets, memorizing all the words to "Winnie the Pooh", and the list goes on and on.
Grace is one of the smartest little girls I know. She loves to sing and knows almost all the words to favorites such as "Winnie the Pooh", "I've been working on the railroad", and "Zip a dee Doo dah." She also talks up a storm with all her fun grown up phrases. It must be from living with a house full of grownups, but she has quite the vocabulary and understanding of phrases like "I appreciate that". 
One of my new favorite things she says is, "I kiss you up!" She has begun loving the classic story of Sleeping Beauty, and breaks out into "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream" in full voice even in the middle of a quiet library. I guess because Aurora wakes up from the kiss of her prince, Grace has taken to kissing people to wake them up. If I am a bit tired and am lying down on the floor, she comes over to me and says, "I kiss you up" and then gently puts her tiny puckered lips to mine with a little smacking noise. 
I can't think of a better way to wake up than being "kissed up" by such a cutie pie...well I guess being kissed by a prince wouldn't be too bad either. 
I am sure going to miss this cute girl "kissing me up" when I head on my big adventure next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment