Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Little Snogs

So we stumbled upon this great frozen yogurt place called "Snog" the other night. For those of you who do not know, "snogging" is the equivalent to "making out" or kissing in Britain. Besides being completely delicious and really quite healthy, it led to endless jokes for the rest of the night. We plan to go back very soon.

I have been trying to go running quite a bit while I'm here. Lucky for me, Kensington Gardens and Hyde park are just across the street and they are perfect for running. While I was running around the park, I discovered this beautiful flower path. I walked under this huge canopy of leaves bowing over the walkway. I couldn't help but stop running and look up in awe. Later I went back to the flower path to do some homework and take a picture of this tree. Sadly, the picture does not do it justice.

When classes are over, we often just hop on the tube and walk around the city. Tonight we walked along the Thames river by St. Paul's cathedral. The evening was beautiful, the dome of St. Paul's glistened, and I got to enjoy to wonderful company of these sweet girls. It is nice to make a whole new handful of friends.

We weren't looking for it, but we simply stumbled upon the Globe theatre. Being the thespian that I am, I knew I had to snatch a photo. We saw "Richard III" last night (in a different theatre) and it was the most amazing acting and directing I have seen in a very long time. We will be watching "Alls well that ends well" as groundlings in July. This means that I will get the experience of standing right under the actors for a good 2 hours. More on that later!

 
Apparently, there are these random, painted upright pianos around the city because of this City of London Festival. We couldn't help sitting and playing this old piano here in front of Tower Bridge. Talk about a photo opportunity!! I started playing a little Ben Folds, but the keys were sticking together and I didn't continue for very long. What an experience to play the piano in front of the Thames river.
BRITISH PHRASE OF THE DAY: "Barmy" = crazy

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, you are darling! And I'm probably obsessed with you cute blog! And I miss you! Let's play catchup someday in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete