Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Smoothies...YUM

So I've been making a lot of smoothies lately ever since I discovered the joy of a Vitamixer! Smoothies are delicious summer treats and an easy way to get the kids to eat fruits and veggies. I especially love GREEN Smoothies with lots of spinach and no added sugar.  Most of the time I simply mix a bunch of ingredients (Fresh fruits, frozen berries, spinach, cucumbers, lemon juice, pineapple, bananas, yogurt, water, etx.) together and just hope it turns out alright. However, here is a great recipe I just tried the other day. If you don't have a Vitamixer, you will need to make sure to blend this stuff up really well so that it isn't grainy or chunky.

TROPIC TANGO SMOOTHIE 
1/2 cup Water
1/2 Lime (peeled)
1 banana (peeled)
1 cup fresh Spinach (washed)
2 medium apples (quatered)
1 cup Ice cubes 
Going Green!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment