Monday, August 13, 2012

Fresh Veggies are Best

Remember my vegetable garden that I started this summer? Well, it has exploded with plump red tomatoes, large green zucchini, and fragrant basil leaves. There's nothing better than cooking with fresh veggies and fresh herbs. 
A fresh Green pepper from the garden with a turkey burger
Everyday I walk out and survey my garden. It's amazing how things grow so quickly and even though I know I don't do much to help the photosynthesis do its job, I somehow have this proud feeling that I, Jenny, am creating and raising vegetables. 
My beautiful Zucchini 
Tonight I made a homemade pizza crust and topped it with my fresh tomatoes, Zucchini, and Basil. Here's how it turned out. It tastes even better than it looks. 
So here's to delicious veggies and the fun I've had raising them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment