Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Medicine Cabinet

It's that time again. Flu and Cold season! When we don't feel well, we head for the medicine cabinet. I'm sure we each have our personal remedies that "honestly work the best" up front on the shelves. But, what do we reach for when we aren't feeling well on the inside? Is there a medicine cabinet for that, and what in the world would we put in it? 

It's just a thought, but a thought that has been ruminating for a while now. I think I want to build a medicine cabinet containing the following:
  1. A book of poetry
  2. An ipod full of my favorite music - specifically replaying the Weepies, Ingrid Michelson, and Joni Mitchell  
  3. A movie that's going to make me cry and then leave me smiling
  4. High-quality Chocolate (best band aids I hear)
  5. Scriptures / My patriarchal blessing 
  6. A coloring book with a big box of crayons 
  7. A cook book with ingredients all ready to go
  8. A pre-paid plane ticket to the beach 
  9. Some of my old writings and letters
  10. A box of exercise clothes with a Zumba membership
  11. A cell phone with all my friends and family on speed-dial 
  12. Fresh flowers
  13. A ticket to a live play
  14. Fall leaves
  15. A cuddly pillow and blanket 
  16. Cleaning supplies (sometimes feeling productive is my best medicine)
  17. Jeans that fit perfectly 
  18. Tchaikovsky's "None but the Lonely Heart" piano music. 
  19. All episodes of Boy Meets World 
  20. A list of friends who need a friend
So, what's in your cabinet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment