Sunday, October 9, 2011

The start of a beautiful relationship

I'm currently in a relationship.
I haven't been in too many romantic relationships recently, but this new relationship will hopefully stick around for a long time.
RELATIONSHIP #1 = My Body! I've been enjoying a lot of "me" time lately, especially in London, where I developed an awesome relationship with myself. I'm learning a lot about me - the way I think, the way I feel, the dreams I want to accomplish, etc.
One of the biggest things I've found in my relationship with myself, is confidence! Especially confidence in my own beauty. Before I headed to London, I was not too happy with the "freshman fifteen" that had somehow come a year late. I came back from London about 7lbs lighter and feeling awesome! How was I going to keep this weight off and also continue keeping myself healthy?
EXHIBIT A - WEIGHT WATCHERS
My Mom has been doing Weight Watchers (I am so proud of her) and I knew if I joined we could be an awesome support group for each other. I know what you are thinking..."Jenny, you DON'T need to go on a DIET!" True...but it is not so much of a diet as a way of life. I'm realizing what I eat every day and learning to make healthier choices. Not to mention...I've now officially lost all of that unwanted Sophomore 15 and I did it by eating everything I love.
I had a pair of Jean shorts that were so tight at the beginning of this summer. I mean REALLY TIGHT! I had to unbutton them every time I sat down because they were uncomfortable.
I tried them on the other day, and now they are a bit too big! (Yes, I did a little dance down the hall of my apartment in my new perfect fitting shorts!)
So I am developing an awesome relationship with my body!
RELATIONSHIP #2 - My Food
I've started really enjoying cooking and finding new recipes. As sad as it may sound, cooking is my getaway from the craziness of homework and working. My coworker asked me the other day if I had any fun plans for the evening...I responded with "I am going to cook Lemon Herb Halibut and maybe make some zucchini cookies!" So I've started a new relationship with my food and discovered that I am becoming a pretty decent cook!
EXHIBIT A: My Success
 
My Next Achievements:
Three Berry Scones and Butternut Squash Soup

RELATIONSHIP #3 - Me and My Hair
It was time for a change. I decided to pull a "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and chop most of my hair off! I'm starting a brand new relationship with my hair as I discover how to style it in its new length. Mostly I just switch from curly short hair to straight short hair, but I feel like the sky's the limit now.
EXHIBIT A

No comments:

Post a Comment