Monday, September 19, 2011

Instant Relief

I started thinking the other day about all the things in my life that provide me Instant Relief.
I decided to make a list of them and this is what I came up with:

1. Letting my hair down after wearing it in a high ponytail all day long
2. That first moment when your head touches your pillow
3. Finding a bathroom when you are in DIRE need
4. Putting ice or cold water on a burn
5. A hug (long and tight)
6. Massages and back scratches
7. Drinking water when dehydrated 
8. Sinking into a hot bath
9. Pushing "print" on that final draft
10. Seeing "words" at the Testing Center (acing a test)
11. Crossing off that final thing on the To-Do list
12. A quiet moment after a hectic day
13. A "O mio babbino caro" type melody at just the right moment

There are probably so many more items I could list, but I guess this is a start. I never gave these moments of blissful sighing  much thought before, but I'm glad they happen. 





1 comment: