Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Aura of Autumn

Every time Fall rolls along, it takes me back to that one great quote from the movie "You've Got Mail".
"Don't you just love fall? It makes me want to shop for back to school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."
Someday maybe there will be a bouquet of newly sharpened, number 2, soft lead, Ticonderoga Pencils at my door. But really, there is something so glorious about Fall. As Keats puts it, there is a "mellow fruitfulness" about it. I love the colorful reds, yellows, and oranges, the crisp coolness of the air, the crunch of the leaves, and the fashion. Really, Fall has the best outfits: boots, jackets, scarfs...need I say more? Even though it's supposed to be the season where everything begins to die, to me it seems like nature comes to life in Autumn. Maybe it's a last big hurrah before everything dies in winter's slumber.

The Y Mountain

Bridal Veil Falls
Traditional Tree Hugging Picture with Megan
The Autumn Leaves

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Pictures of the leaves, Jenny. I really fell in love with Fall while I was at BYU. I think Provo is a place to discover Autumn.

    ReplyDelete