Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Big Apple

I had the pleasure of not only guiding my students around Washington D.C. these past six months, but also trekking them up to New York City. I loved watching my kids from the rural mid west clamp on to each other as they overwhelmingly looked upwards at all the skyscrapers and forwards at the hordes of people approaching us. Needless to say, they never wandered off too far from me.

New York is pretty dirty and there are SOOOOOO many people, but it also has a lot of character all its own. "So Here's to you, New York, New York!!"
New York has fantastic Art Museums
I saw Central park in nearly all its seasons
Sensory overload in Times Square

Top of the Rockefeller Center 
9/11 Memorial 
The only tree on the World Trade Plaza to survive 9/11
It was New Amsterdam before it was ever New York
I got to take Students to a Broadway play each week :) 
Dinner in Little Italy cannot be complete without a Canoli from Ferrara's 
The Chelsea Highline is a lovely example of citizen action in a community 
I could People- Watch in Central Park for hours


I guess you have to see Lady Liberty 

No comments:

Post a Comment