Thursday, January 5, 2012

Here comes the Bride...

I will admit that I am a grown woman who still occasionally loves to have a sleepover with her best friend. I cannot remember how many countless times Megan and I have dragged a mattress into her room to set at the foot of her bed. The night before her wedding dinner, we decided to have our final sleepover together. Sadly, in the middle of the night, the bride woke up feeling very sick to her stomach. Yup, she got a slightly different strain of that dreaded stomach bug (I promise it was not me who gave it to her). We spent the rest of the day trying every remedy we could think of to get her better for her wedding dinner that night. She made it to the dinner, but  spent much of the evening feeling quite under the weather. Luckily, she had a great fiance to take care of her.
Even being sick, she still looks good

Luckily, she woke up feeling nearly 100 % better for the day of her actual wedding. It was a MIRACLE. The whole wedding day was lovely. It was a very warm December day and the Bride and Groom looked wonderful. (I sadly did not take many pictures of them with my own camera because I knew the Professional Photography would trump anything my camera could do)

It was a SOMETHING BLUE wedding complete with Blue boots peaking out from under the bride's dress.   The reception at Heritage Gardens was breathtaking and the whole night ran smoothly. It was the perfect mixture of food, friends, dancing, and a hot chocolate bar. I even got to dance a Daddy-daughter dance with my own Dad who happened to be there at the exact right time. My parents also won for being the couple on the dance floor married the longest. Way to go Mom and Dad!

Details of the Decor


Megan's bouquet

Detail of the bridal bouquet 

The Bride and Groom and I devised a tremendous plan in order to keep Andrew's car from being decorated/ trashed by Megan's brothers/ Andrew's friends. The plan was to hide Andrew's car down the street at a park, and then I would go later and tastefully decorate it with paper flowers, vinyls, and a "Just Married" Sign I had made. With his keys in my coat pocket, I proceeded to lie to a few fellows who questioned me about the car, but felt it was for the greater good. However, somehow a rumor started that I was going to drive the couple to the hotel. (That would be a bit awkward don't you agree?) Subsequently, my car was the one decorated! 

Sadly, the cottage cheese and cake smeared on my car was all for not since Andrew's beautifully decorated car still received handfuls of cake pegged at it as they drove away to their new life together. So there I was. In a black dress, all alone, driving home in a decorated car with the words "Hitched" smeared on the windshield. I am sure this confused my fellow drivers. Two car washes later and I believe there may still be remnants of cottage cheese on the windshield wipers. What we do for those happily ever-afters. 

My mother wanted a picture of my sister and I by the tree after the wedding 
I love weddings and luckily I have had the blessing of being a bridesmaid or flower girl at six of them. Sadly, I have yet to catch the bouquet, so I assume I'll be a bridesmaid a few more times before its my turn to wear the white dress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment