Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cheers My London Love

Where does the time go? I swear it was just yesterday that I was flying into this beautiful city completely unaware of the adventure ahead of me. However, with all these riots going on, I'm a bit relieved to be heading out pretty soon. For my final hurrah post, I've decided to make a little list about the things I am going to miss about Britain and a list about what I'm excited for when I return to America.
Oh Britain, I will miss your...
  • Public Parks full of people enjoying the sunny day
  • Accents
  • Fun playgrounds that don't have liability worries
  • Free museums
  • Student Discounts everywhere
  • Mind the Gap reminders
  • Tube rides
  • Duvettes
  • No sales tax
  • Digestive/Hob nobs biscuts
  • The Homeless men selling "The Big Issue" and not begging
  • Bueno Bars and other delcious sweets
  • Abundance of Indian and other foreign foods
  • Markets
  • Cathedrals and random ruins in the wheatfields
  • Poppy fields
  • Public pathways that cross through cow pastures
  • Sheep!
  • Having a Broadway musical opportunity any night of the week
  • Clotted Cream and Lemon Curd
  • Elderflower drinks
  • Tradition
  • Fish and Chips
  • Rompers
  • Incredibly tame dogs
  • Delicious Yogurt
  • Muelslie
  • Crazy hats and headbands

Dear America, I am so excited for your...
  • Abundance of trash cans
  • drinking fountains
  • Public restrooms that don't cost money
  • Stores open after 5:00pm
  • Wider variety of products
  • Better customer service
  • Cheaper everything!
  • Eggs
  • Real mexican food
  • Driving a car
  • Good tasting tap water and no weird looks when you order a glass of tap water in the resturants
  • Less smoky atmosphere
  • Toliets that flush completely
  • French Toast
  • Being loud
  • Lemonade that isn't sprite
Transportation construction in the middle of the night and not the middle of the day


Thanks for joining me on my journey through Britain. I hope you at least enjoyed looking at the pictures. I am so excited to return to the States on Thursday just in time for my brother's wedding on Saturday. Nothing like a wedding to welcome you back home. I believe London will always have a special place in my heart. Hopefully, I'll find myself back in this city one day. Maybe I can take someone I love to tour these special places and London can become part of their heart as well. To all the Ladies and Gents out there - Cheers!
LAST BRITISH PHRASE - "Gobsmacked" = an expression of surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment