Sunday, November 7, 2010

Haunted Halloween Night

Happy Halloween!! I had a great Halloween weekend down in Provo. On Friday the 29th, Jessica, Carrolyn, Jessica's older Sister Melissa, and I went to the Hee-Haw farm to go on the Haunted Hay ride. It reminded me of a Haunted State Fair! Bean bag toss, potato sack slides, corn mazes, etx. It really was pretty fun, and the Haunted Hay ride had some "epic" moments.

Saturday, we all got costumed and went to a huge dance party at the parking garage next to the boys' apartment. This year I decided to incorporate a little bit of what I've been studying in school into my costume. I'm studying about early civilizations in history and reading about Levi Strauss' essay in English. Basically, Levi Strauss says that women are the signifier of men's intent and that men communicate through the exchange of women. Pretty interesting stuff! Anyway, I decided to be a Mesopotamian Princess. Mesopotamian because of the early civilizations, and a princess because what is a better example of males communicating through the exchange of women than the political marriage arrangements? However, as you can imagine, very few people guessed who I was. The night ended with Jessica, Melissa, and I heading over to the Haunted Forrest! All in all, it was a boo-tifully spooktacular Halloween!
A 50's girl, mesopotamian princess, super girl, and the wicked queen from Snow White
Special thanks to Jessica for doing my awesome eye makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment